Perfect for a hearty brunch or light dinner, this Spanish Tortilla recipe is easy and chockfull of vegetables and protein. It reheats well, wrapped in foil. Serve with a green salad and crusty bread. Looking for a wine pairing? Any one of these rosé would be a lovely compliment. Get the recipe below.
Author: Tasting Pour
Recipe type: Brunch
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4 whole scallions, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 orange bell pepper, diced
- 3 cups red potatoes, parboiled and cut into chunks
- 5 large eggs
- ½ cup sour cream
- 6 oz cheddar cheese
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1½ cups cooked ham, diced
- cumin, paprika, salt and pepper to taste
- Line an 8x8 deep baking pan with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Coat skillet with olive oil and cook garlic, scallions, and peppers with a sprinkle of cumin, paprika, salt and pepper until softened vegetables have softened.
- Remove from heat and add potatoes.
- Beat eggs, sour cream and cheese in large bowl.
- Gently stir vegetables and egg mixture together adding ham and cilantro.
- Bake for 1 hour or until eggs are set.
- Serve warm or room temperature.
[…] with a bit of spice. And they are all under $20! We hosted friends and paired ours with a baked Spanish Egg Tortilla, arugula salad dressed with fruit and vinegar, spanish almonds, and green […]