Oaked Chardonnay is not usually our favorite but there are some dishes that just yearn for it. Talented winemakers are able to use just the right amount of exquisite French oak to lightly support Chardonnay flavors.
There were halibut steaks at the market and a sample of Panther Creek Cellars Columbia Valley French Creek Vineyard Chardonnay in our cellar. They turned out to be a match made in heaven.
Panther Creek Cellars Chardonnay Pairing
Spoon this zesty sauce over halibut steaks or other firm fish.
Author: Tasting Pour
Recipe type: Sauce
Serves: 2 servings
- 2 Tbs. butter
- ¼ cup sweet onion
- 2 Tbs. chopped sundried tomatoes
- juice from 1 lemon
- 2 Tbs. fresh chopped basil
- salt and peppe to taste
- Melt butter in saucepan.
- Cook onions over low heat until they begin to caramelize.
- Add tomatoes and simmer until they soften.
- Add lemon juice, basil, salt and pepper. Turn off heat.
- Spoon over grilled halibut steaks.
- Drizzle with olive oil - We like Oregon Olive Mill
Leave a Reply