Mushrooms in Cognac Sauce
Spoon this hearty mushroom sauce over steak or chicken.
Author: Tasting Pour
Recipe type: Sauce
Serves: 2 servings
- 2 Tbs. butter
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- 1 Tbs. fresh thyme
- 2 cups chopped shitake mushrooms
- ⅓ cup cognac
- ⅓ cup beef stock
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt 1 Tbs. butter in saucepan.
- Cook onion and thyme on low heat until onion begins to caramelize.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Add mushrooms and cook until they start to become tender.
- Add cognac and stock.
- Cook over low heat until half the liquid has evaporated.
- Turn off heat and add remaining 1 Tbs. butter. Butter will slowly melt and thicken the sauce.
Amount of liquid in remaining in sauce depends on cooking time and preference.